Do you struggle with reading, spelling or writing or maths?
Were you aware of considerable learning difficulties in particular with reading and spelling or maths while growing up?
Have you noticed that since commencing a university/TAFE degree that you have had learning difficulties with the amount and speed of information presented?
Since commencing study or work, have you noticed that you often have a lot of difficulty in recalling specific information?
Do you struggle to recall previously learnt information
Has it been recommended by the university/TAFE or work place that you obtain a psychological assessment to determine appropriate support and strategies that will aid your learning process within the study/work environment?
If so, you may be suffering from a specific learning disorder such as dyslexia, dyscalculia or dysgraphia, or other concerns such as poor working memory and processing speed.
Learning difficulties can severely hinder learning and enjoyment of work and the education experience.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A SPECIFIC LEARNING DISORDER ASSESSMENT
- Initial consultation to review academic, social and family history
- Standard cognitive Intelligence test (WAIS-IV) The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Adults – Forth Edition (WISC-IV) evaluates a variety of abilities and skills that are considered to be a part of “intelligence”.
- Standardised achievement academic test (WIAT III). The WIAT-III is used as an assessment tool to provide a measure of current achievement levels in literacy and mathematics.
Intelligence testing identifies any underlying weaknesses you may have in areas such as:
- Processing speed
- Verbal learning issues
- Poor Working memory
Achievement testing measures skills in key academic areas such as:
- reading (accuracy, fluency and comprehension)
- spelling accuracy
- writing skills (handwriting and composition)
- mathematics (reasoning and operating skills)
Waterman Psychology Services provides specific direction and recommendations for you and your educational or work setting to assist you reach your learning potential. Book an appointment with our qualified psychologist for an educational assessment in Adelaide. The assessment may include dysgraphia, dyscalculia, or dyslexia testing, and the results will be instrumental in helping you in your future endeavours.