CHILD EDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENTS IN ADELAIDE
Our psychoeducational assessments are used to identify concerns that may be symptoms of learning difficulties or strengths. You may want to book an educational assessment administered in our educational psychology clinic in Adelaide if your child is:
• Significantly below their peers in reading and maths.
• Appearing intelligent but has difficulty putting their thoughts on paper.
• Having significant difficulties attending and concentrating in the classroom.
• Having difficulty remembering more than two or three items either at home or in the classroom.
• Appearing to be bored and not challenged in the classroom
Other reasons include:
• A teacher has informed you that a Psycho-educational assessment is required to assist in the development of an individualised education plan and to be able to provide increased support to your child.
• A teacher has raised concerns about your child’s understanding of language, which may also be affecting their social relationships.
• You are concerned that your child is distracted and/or bored in learning, or there are reports from the classroom that your child appears lazy in the classroom environment.
We use the latest technology (Q-global Interactive) to administer our psychoeducational assessments, through the use of a comprehensive digital system installed in our iPads. This makes the testing process quicker and more efficient, and the child will also have an easier time than if the test was administered with pen and paper.
A Psycho-Educational Assessment includes:
• Clinical interview in our office or at your child’s school
• Comprehensive written report
• Feedback session with the parent
• An Intelligence Test such as Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children Fifth Edition(WISC-V)
• The Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV)
• Academic achievement test such as Wechsler Individual Achievement Test-Third Edition (WIAT III)
• Behavioural and Adaptive measures such as the Conners-3 Rating Scale
• Behaviour Rating Inventory of Executive Function-2 (Brief II)
• Behaviour Assessment System for Children, Third Edition (BASC III)
• Adaptive Behaviour Assessment System, Third Edition (ABAS-3) ABASS III
The report will provide detailed recommendations to help your child learn to their full potential as well as recommendations for behavioural or concentration concerns.
With your permission, we can also liaise with your child’s school to assist in developing a learning plan regarding your child’s strengths and weaknesses.